Opalis VSD Generator 1.2

Jun 1, 2011 at 2:08 PM

I have been unable to get this to function! It brings up the list of polices from the Opalis Management Server OK but when I select one and click the Generate Visio diagram ... button, I get an unhandled exception

(System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x86DB0789): An error occurred. Visio is unable to complete importing.)

The documentation lists 7 dll files which "The tool now automatically copies .. locally". Well, it doesn't because I don't have

acexml_parser.dll, runtimeexecutiondata.dll, acexml.dll or base.dll

and they're not present on the Opalis Management Server either. Where are they supposed to come from?

My Workstation is XPSP3 with (Visio 2010 Premium and Office 2010 Professional Plus) and the Opalis Management Server is Windows Server 2003 SP1.

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:43 AM

I've now found the source code for this tool. It's expecting to get the 7 dll files from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Opalis Software\Opalis Integration Server\Extensions (on a 32 bit box) on the Opalis server. I've just checked 6 of the Oplais servers in our infrastucture and only 2 of the required dlls exist on any of them (msvcp71.dll & msvcr71.dll)! That just leaves ACE.dll (which is Adobe and so pretty standard).